REQUIRED TESTING INTERVALS
Annual Test (Initial Test): A full and complete test of the entire system is required within the same month each year. Also known as the system anniversary test date.
Five Year Test (Initial Test): A full and complete test of the entire system is required within the same month eacy year. Also known as the system anniversary test date.
Re-test: A retest of all the system components shown in the List of Defects from the Initial Test. Prior to retesting, all items in the list are required to be repaired by a licensed contractor with a valid contractors license under permit from the authority having Jurisdiction for the type of repair (where required). Repairs and re-tests are required to be completed within 30 days of the date of the Initial Test. All re-tests are required to be performed by and certified tester who holds the proper testing certification.
Note: Only the items in the List of Defects are required to be test except in extreme cases
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Supervising Station Alarm Systems
- Emergency Power Systems
- Smoke Management Systems
- Fire Escapes Assemblies
- Automatic Elevator Emergency Operations
- Gas Detection Systems
- Stationary Fire pumps (Full Flow)
- 2-1/2 Standpipe Hose Valve Pressure Reducing/Regulating Devices (Partial Flow/Exercise & Inspection)
5 YEAR TEST
- Automatic Sprinkler Systems:
- Pre-Action System (Full Flow)
- Dry Pipe / Deluge & Pre-Action Systems (Full Flow)
- Class I Standpipe Systems (Dry)
- Class I Standpipe Systems * (Wet)
- Class III / Combination Standpipe Systems (Combination Of Class I And Class II Systems)
- Combined Standpipe and Sprinkler Systems* (Includes Pressure Reducing Valves (Full Flow)